Wednesday 15 July 2009

my tattoo

Okay, so yesterday I had a tattoo - my first!! It HURT!!! But I am now very pleased with it - it is along the side of my left foot and in black funky writing it says "fearfully and wonderfully made" followed by a little daisy.
Why would I put that on my body permanently? Well, I believe it! I know that I was created by God and that he put a lot of thought into my design and took time to make me. He made no mistakes...he wanted me to look the way I do...he chose green for my eye colour...5'3" for my height...size 4 for my feet...pale skin...dark reddy-browny hair....wonky teeth...jelly baby-shaped toes....skinny ankles...big bott!!! And yet I see fit to criticise God's workmanship. Who am I to do that? Who am I to treat it badly? Was I wrong to over-eat or starve myself? Was I wrong to have my ears pierced? Or my nose? Should I stay up late? Was a tattoo the wrong thing?
I don't know...but I do know that I want to honour my Jesus with my body. I want it to be a testimony to the greatness of my God and to his mercy and forgiveness. AND...I want to love God's creativity as much as I induldge my own...feeling the need to sew - a rag quilt, I think.
I quite like this blogging thing...cool.
Sal
xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

blogging is cool - scary but cool - I have one too. http://rangerzramblings.blogspot.com/